Apprentice Heavy vehicle - Apprenticeship Standard
Listed below are some typical daily tasks:
- Vehicle safety inspections
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and general maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Maintaining repair and service records
- Following health and safety procedures
- Using engineering tools and equipment - including hand and power tools, engineering and technical manuals and diagnostic and electrical measuring equipment.
What do Heavy Vehicle Technicians do?
Have you always had a passion or interest for all things mechanical? Did you tinker with vehicles and engines and wondered how to make a career out of it? If so, why not apply to be part of our programme! The aim of this Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme is to equip our apprentices with the skills and knowledge to competently maintain a fleet of vehicles whilst achieving an industry recognised Level 3 qualification.
As part of the Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems.
What qualifications do I need for this apprenticeship?
To be considered for this apprenticeship you must have GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent), If your grades are below this, we will discuss your options for taking functional skills in Maths and/or English. As well as this, predicated grades are accepted, and work experience or knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already achieved)
How do I apply to be a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprentice?
To apply for a Heavy Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship please click on the 'Apply Now' button below. Once registered we will be in touch to discuss next steps. We also advertise all our current vacancies on www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship