Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician - Apprenticeship Standard
Listed below are some typical daily tasks:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
What do Light Vehicle Technicians do?
The aim of this 3-year apprenticeship programme is to equip our apprentices with the skills and knowledge to competently service, maintain and repair our range of vehicles. As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard. On this apprenticeship you will earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career. Modern cars are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that today’s technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
Technicians are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features. With this apprenticeship the opportunities are endless, and the successful candidate can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have.
What qualifications do I need for this apprenticeship?
To be considered for this apprenticeship you must have GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent), If your grades are below this, we will discuss your options for taking functional skills in Maths and/or English. As well as this, predicated grades are accepted, and work experience or knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already achieved)
How do I apply to be a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice?
To apply for a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship please click on the 'Apply Now' button below. Once registered we will be in touch to discuss next steps. We also advertise all our current vacancies on www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship