Vehicle Body/Panel Repair - Apprenticeship
Listed below are some typical daily tasks:
- Assessing damage and deciding how to repair it
- Removing damaged panels or parts for repair
- Smoothing out minor dents in panels
- Filling small holes or rusted areas with filler
- Making body panels and sections, and welding them into place
- Refinishing the repair to match surrounding areas
- Keeping a record of all work completed to show customers
What does a Vehicle Body Repair Technician do?
As a Vehicle Body Repair Technician, you will work on new and used vehicles that have bodywork damage ensuring all work is carried out in a manner complying with Health and Safety regulations. You will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using the skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and can use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
You will receive training and support throughout your qualification, and you will learn to remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently, using a variety of body repair panel tools, equipment and devices.
What qualifications do I need for this apprenticeship?
To be considered for this apprenticeship you must have GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent), If your grades are below this, we will discuss your options for taking functional skills in Maths and/or English. As well as this, predicated grades are accepted, and work experience or knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if a GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent has not already been achieved)
How do I apply to be a Vehicle Body/Panel Repair Apprentice?
To apply for a Vehicle Paint Sprayer Apprenticeship please click on the 'Apply Now' button below. Once registered we will be in touch to discuss next steps. We also advertise all our current vacancies on www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship